Wednesday 22 April 2009

Walking or Biking to work can improve your health

This is a great blog post about a new piece of 'research' that shows that walking or talking the bike to work can improve your health. It often amazes me how lazy people get when they buy a car. Suddenly the under 30 minutes walk becomes a car journey. Or the trip to the shops to buy a few items which we couldn't possibly carry home (probably becase we never do, but that's a different story for another day). Walking and biking uses our bodies and so is an excellent way to keep healthy. Combine them with getting too or from work and you can even do them as part of your daily routine, feeling better and not really having to make time for excersise. Of course if you don't live close enough to work there may be a bus or a train that you could take part of the way. Not being a great fan of cycling along public roads myself, cycle paths are a wonderful thing for me. However I did come accross this video for some ideas of places to cycle when there is no path, such as railings (I'm joking don't come asking to sue me when you break every bone in your body!).

No comments: